Monday, April 29, 2013

Project: Prom Dress #1

Taken by: Jennifer's Photography
Designer: Just K















My Prom dress project is finally up! I am not good at this at all. =/ With time, I shall get better and get better I will! I know I mentioned my post will be up on Saturday. Initially this was going to be a style post, but then again it could be a project post as well! I could have made it a style/project post which would have been fine, but you know. I'm complicated like that. ;) 

Since this is a project post, I will elaborate more on the dress itself. It's quite funny how this turned out because I was offered the opportunity to do a Prom shoot. This time around, I was determined to make the dresses for the shoot. I did all of this entirely on a small budget and from old fabrics that I bought a year ago and just haven't had the time to put them to good use! About 2 years ago, I painted a dress and I was so in love with it's design. You can see the original painting on my Just K Facebook. So this dress was very much based on that dress. Due to my tight budget, changes had to be made to accommodate and to make it more Prom appropriate.

I used Leather fabric that I had cut out from leather pants as the side to add a bit of posh and fierceness. I then used the gray Cotton fabric to add contrast to the Bustier, creating an illusion of a smaller waist.  Black Chiffon was used to layer underneath the blue Tulle. The tulle actually has glitter all over it, but it did not show on camera. I am amazed at how well the pictures turned out and I am totally satisfied with the final results. 

The 2nd Prom dress  project will be up soon. I cannot say when exactly, but it will definitely be worth the wait! Let me know what you guys think and feel free to leave me a comment down below! Thanks for stopping by!

Much love, 
Kia



2 comments:

  1. My favorite part about the dress is the blue Tulle. It's a beautiful color. I think you did a great job on the overall look too. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zoua! I was actually debating on whether to cover it up with black Chiffon fabric and let it peek through or just leave it as is. I'm glad I left it the way it is. =)

      Delete